Saturday, August 05, 2006

Starting over



I deleted my old blog because I hadn't written in it for years, not even this summer in Boulder. I'm calling this new one Edge of the shelf because I feel in between; in between middle and old age, being a parent and being myself, being a reader and being a writer, being a librarian in an elementary school and being an avid reader of adult poetry and fiction, being a lover of words and a lover of pictures (child artist). I could go on and on; someone else has already taken "liminal librarian"; of course everyone would always have to look it up. There's something appealing about being on the threshold, ready to apply "esprit d'escalier" (Look that up!).

The pictures show our grandson Ted, and our friend Mr. Pickles. Ms. Ruby will have to wait her turn.

1 comment:

Cynical Idealist said...

Ted, and Mr. Pickles. And then Mr. Pickles again!